Get ready, Eclipse Hunters! We’re only 6 weeks away from Totality! Are you sure you’re prepared? Wyoming Stargazing has provided an Eclipse Survival Guide just for your needs. Check it out and share with your friends and family to get the most epic viewing event possible.
1. Plan Your Route: The Town of Jackson Hole is anticipating 100,000 folks to arrive for viewing! Expect traffic delays, limited parking and area restrictions.
2. Somewhere to Stay: Most hotel rooms and camping sites nearby are already booked for the Eclipse. Be sure to research now if you have not yet found a place to stay.
3. Prepare for Weather in Jackson: Weather can change abruptly! Bring outfitting for clouds, rain, thunderstorms and heat.
4. Essentials: Bring water, good hiking shoes and sunscreen.
5. Did you get your Solar Glasses? Not yet? Go quick! They’re selling like hotcakes.
6. Have Your Cameras and Solar Viewers Charged and Ready: DO NOT use the FLASH during Totality!
7. Manage an Emergency Plan for You and Your Group: link
8. Keep a Guide of the Jackson Hole Area on Hand: We conveniently have a guide in our shop.
9. Go to the Bathroom BEFORE You Leave: Can you imagine waiting in line for the port-a-pottie with 99,999 other people?
10. Share in the Solar STOKE as we observe the greatest Astronomical phenomenon to hit Wyoming in 139 years!